10 FACTS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME!
1. Despite the love for fashion and makeup and home decor, I am naaaat a city girl. I lived in a city during university and knew 10000% that it wasn't going to be where I ended up. I grew up in the country, in a really small town (I'm talkin' no traffic lights, JUST got a Tim Hortons, small ass town). I now live on a farm, in another small town close to where I grew up that most people only know the name of because you pass through it to get to a popular beach. But let me tell ya... the people? The BEST. Seriously.
2. I went to King's University College at the University of Western Ontario (now Western University) and graduated with an Honours Bachelor of Arts Degree. I completed a double major in English Literature and Religious Studies, with hopes of going on to teacher's college. I was graduating at a BAD time in terms of jobs available for teachers in our area, and when I met Kev, the plans changed!
3. I'm the oldest of three; no sisters, two brothers - I would say that explains all the pictures of me wearing hand me down muscle tanks and Adidas shorts when I was younger but since I was the oldest... I guess it doesn't LOL
4. I played a lot of sports growing up (some soccer, baseball, volleyball, lots of basketball, even a little badminton in there!) and now I play in a two-pitch league in my hometown! I grew up in a your typical Canadian hockey family, so it's no surprise that my absolute favourite sports to this day are hockey (GO LEAFS) and baseball (GO JAYS).
5. I grew up in a traditional Roman Catholic family - my grandparents are all Dutch, and all came to Canada many years ago to create a life and family for themselves here. While I consider myself 100% Canadian, we do indulge in some Dutch traditions every so often (that literally ALWAYS involve food... Olie bollen YUMMM)
6. I swear like a SAILOR. Although now that I think of it, this is probably something you do already know about me LOL. I don't really know why, I wasn't raised that way (sorry Mom and Dad) but I do know that stubbing your toe just isn't the same if you don't yell "F**KKKKKKKK" (or mutter it under your breath really angrily and forcefully if your kids are around).
7. I'm addicted to Extreme Beans. You know, the ones that are supposed to go into caesars? Yeah, I could eat them by the jar (actually not that bad for you if you just choose to ignore the sodium content... which I do LOL)
8. My biggest pet peeve is when people (that aren't my parents or significant other) call me pet names - particularly if they're younger than I am. Also sitting on a warm toilet seat, like because someone else was just sitting on it. Both make me feel really icky.
9. I'm a whiskey girl. My go-to beverage of choice, besides beer (duh) is whiskey, coke & a lime wedge. Mmmmmm. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't currently indulging in one as I write this HAHA.
10. I used to clog. I'm serious.... like before I got the chance to make decisions for myself LOL. Not to brag but... I was good at it too. If you don't know what it is, look it up, and then let the laughter ensue. My parents put me in ballet and VERY QUICKLY realized that graceful was not in my vocabulary. So they put me in something where stomping was literally the point.
Wanna know more? Check out my About Me page!